Moran Skills in English Learner’s Book Grade 5 (Approved) by D. Omondi, H. Wario, J. Ndirangu, M. Kwamboka and R.
This is a complete English course developed in line with the Competency-Based Curriculum. It offers appropriate skills, knowledge, values, and attitudes necessary for learning English as a learning area and as a language of communication.
The text is presented in a manner that stimulates learning. It employs an inquiry-based approach to learning in all activities which equips a learner with the necessary competences, skills, and the quest to learn and discover.
• Encourages learning from known to unknown
• Uses teaching and learning resources available in the learner’s immediate environment
• Involves the learner in activities that stimulate curiosity compelling him or her to explore and discover
• Covers all the learning outcomes in the curriculum design
• Integrates core competences, values, attitudes, and pertinent and contemporary issues
• Involves parents or guardians in the learning process
• Inspires the learner to develop the spirit of volunteerism towards improving the community
• Facilitates acquisition of the four language skills through practical problem-solving activities
• Utilises digital literacy to give the learner deeper understanding and relatable content.