KLB Visionary Music Grade 5 Learner’s (Approved) by M. Matsigulu, E. Muchiri, E. Namiti, D. Nyachieo and T. Makobi
KLB Visionary Grade Five Music Learner’s Book is aimed at providing learners with an avenue for expressing feelings, ideas, and emotions. The activities involved offer the learner an enjoyable and purposeful experience through singing, playing instruments, and creating music.
• It is developed in line with the requirements of the Competency-Based Curriculum design.
• The experiences are aligned with the thematic integrated approach thus presenting concepts in the most appropriate way for learners at this level.
• This book is majorly illustrated to enliven the content and the text follows the design closely.
• It has employed a learner-centered approach where all experiences are centred on the learner’s interests, knowledge, and application to real-life situations in line with the Life Approach Method of teaching Music.
• Every lesson draws from the learner’s day-to-day activities at home and school.
• The book has numerous practical activities to enable the learner to acquire the required skills and competence without undue difficulty.
• Issues around gender equity and parity are well articulated in this title.