Longhorn Mathematics Activities Grade 2
Longhorn Mathematics Activities Grade 2 Learner’s Book is a new, concise and comprehensive book that has been developed in line with the new competence-based Curriculum for Grade 2.
It is the book of choice to many leaners and teachers in that it:
• Strictly follows the competence-based learning approach that emphasises mastery of concepts.
• Presents concepts and content through very interactive learner-centered activities set in the learner’s environment.
• Involves the learner in the learning process through active participation and activities.
• Uses a very simple language to communicate concepts and content clearly.
• Provides concise notes and numerous examples on each concept to enhance mastery
• Provides a practice exercise for each concept to give learners an opportunity to practice, and to assess their mastery of concepts.
• Contains full-colour illustrations that clearly portray objects and concepts in their natural setting.
• Has an accompanying Teacher’s guide books that guides the teacher on the pedagogical approaches appropriate for implementing the new competence-based curriculum. It also provides answers to exercises and activities.
The book is designed and developed by a team of well-known and respected Mathematics educators with many years of teaching experience and curriculum development.